Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I'm fortunate.....

A time I could kick myself - On the way to work this morning, a man I know to be homeless and stays at the Bethel Hotel, mentioned how pleasant the weather was. I agreed, going on about how I loved to pull the sheets up and feel the crisp coolness in the morning, wanting to stay in bed a bit longer.

My brain then kicked in, reminding me that at the Gospel Mission, the men don't have a choice about staying in later, that it can be so close and stuffy, they don't necessarily get the freshness I do with all my windows and choice as to leaving them opened or closed. I worry a lot about finances and making ends meet every payday, but I do have one, and I treasure the small things.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/photo.php?pid=512807&id=1176506549

No comments:

Post a Comment