Wednesday, March 24, 2010

It was a good weekend

Sam and Stephen came for a visit last Thursday and left on Saturday. What an awesome man Sam is! I love his humor and his spontaniety; I appreciate his insight and his knowledge. After I picked him up at the airport we drove over to the MIA to see the 2010 Foot in the Door exhibit. I have a piece in the show and it was fun to see it.

Steve drove in later that day and then we went to the talk that August Hoffman gave for our Dayton's Bluff District Council. That was very interesting and we had a nice group with lively interaction. Several people from the Payne area/Polly's Cove people came...they are very involved with the combination of people and gardens. Too many people in my district seem more focused on buildings than on people.

Sam 'allowed' me to hold a party for him and Stephen. I talk so much about my neighborhood to Sam and to my neighborhood about Sam, that I wanted them to meet each other. About thirty friends and several came over the next day. I was tired and Sam was tired afterward, but I thank Sam and Stephen that they went along with it. Besides I love cooking, especially appetizers! I always thought it would be great to have a catering business doing appetizers and desserts. I'm still exhausted, but very happy.

Friday we visited the Museum of Russian Art - always an excellent exhibit there. Went to Manana's for a Salvadorean lunch, Mickey's Diner for a greasy breakfast, and Bahmani's for a late Kurdish supper. It was a very good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment