Thursday, May 7, 2009

Juggling and Slack Rope Walking in Dayton's Bluff's Swede Hollow Park




Between work and a District Council 4 meeting this evening, I stopped in Swede Hollow Park to eat my Carbone's meatballs and garlic bread..mmm. I watched a couple young men string what I thought would be a volley ball net. Instead, I was treated to the two brothers (Dan, and will need to get his brother's name) juggling and slack rope walking. I would have said tight rope, but learned the difference tonight.

What I learned besides the rope difference: The two are from Willmar (sp?) and live just a few blocks up (won't put their address or e-mail here). Daneil Edwards is 25 and his brother is 27. They learned their skills while working at the Renaissance Faire. I love that they are willing to share it with strangers! It was a very still, windless evening, just perfect. They don't like Minnesota cold, and said they would be moving at the end of summer.

I would love to connect them with kids in my neighborhood. Take a walk tomorrow and perhaps you'll see them. I put the photos on Facebook, will get them on blog soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment