Monday, May 11, 2009

Noir (dark side of Hollywood) and Platelet Donation

While I was donating platelets at the Red Cross Sunday morning, I watched a DVD (I'm a double needle donor, so reading a book is out of the question). I don't thing I made it halfway through 'The Long Night', a 'rediscovered American classic', starring Henry Fonda, Barbara Bel Geddes, Vincent Price, and directed by Anatole Litvak. I'll save it for a leisurely home evening or a movie on the porch night. I had no patience with the police, mayor, sheriff all shooting into a rooming house to remove one quiet man. I had no patience to contemplate the directing, acting, sets in terms of 1947 movie production and the psychology of the characters....yesterday, platelets and the dark side just didn't mix. Should have chosen a chick flick. Maybe I am just crabby and tired this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment