Friday, April 10, 2009

Women's Friendships and Art Collaborative

I left work and couldn't decide what I needed. Ten minutes sitting in the car and I took off for a glass of tea and to read a book. I knew I didn't want to go home yet, as there is so much abnormal activity in a nearby property; I just didn't want to have to see it and it's wearing on me. Halfway to my destination a friend, K, called and said she needed to get out, could we meet? I was so glad that our timing worked to get together. We spent the next three hours on my porch, in conversation of different depths. I treasure this friendship and the direction K's conversation and thinking takes me. And, the beginning of 'porch sitting season' is off to a good start. One of my housemates, J, passed through on her way from work and out to a party, but taking time to join our conversation and plans for a women's art collaborative.

K and I have our work in a local exhibit right now, and it does uplift me to exhibit my work. Now, putting such a collaborative in motion, means I need to start warping one of my looms and/or working on some drawings. It'll be much easier to get some photos matted and wrapped for the short term. This incentive is what I need for the larger scale work and for inspiration in even getting started.

No comments:

Post a Comment